Here are the predictions from Gartner:
1. Critical infrastructure of a G20 nation will be brought down by hackers cracking through security.
2. CIOs will be compensated based upon IT improvement, top and bottom line.
3. 60% increase in IT budget per head for companies that care about having information real time and at the point of activity.
4. 25% reduction in working hours in roles where IT services are core and will be replaced by automation tools.
5. Cloud computing service providers will make up 20% of Global 500 companies that are not IT related.
6. Only 90% of your online friends will be human!
7. If you bring your own electronic device to work, 90% of companies will support the company applications on them.
8. Tablets will be deployed to the employees in 80% of companies.
Author: Jonathan Bellwood